Thursday, April 07, 2005

Roller Coasters

I love roller coasters. They're a favorite pasttime of mine!

Some people don't like coasters, and I think they are really missing out. On more than just a great ride, too.

Experts say there is a distinct personality trait in people who love roller coasters and call it the "thrill factor". The fear that comes from being out of control does not paralyze but exhilarates them. It awakens all their senses. And after they've survived the intense journey once, they want to do it again.

I think most of life's situations are similar. The things that appear the most frightening will in fact become the most enjoyable once we've attempted them. It's taking that first step.

Most people are afraid to risk, afraid of losing what they already possess. But the tighter you hold on, the less you will have! Like the man in the Bible with the Talents - it's use it or lose it!

Like I said, I love roller coasters. And I will never stop riding.

What about you?


To feel alive, one must take risks.

No comments: