Monday, September 19, 2005

Choosing to be inspired

Had a little challenge with writing this year.

Not because I've got writer's block. I've never had that. But rather, a little lack of inspiration and a tad too much pressure.

Book I took eight months to complete.
Book II only six months.
Book III should have been the hint when it required a whole year to finish. With promotions going on for the first book, I no longer had the free time I'd enjoyed before.

But it took until Book IV to realize - I simply could not get it done in the same time frame as the first two. I was pressuring myself to keep the same pace with everything, and it just wasn't going to happen!

The result - forced writing is very slow!

Now that I've relaxed, knowing the third is ready and I still have lots of time to do the fourth, inspiration has hit.

And the story is unfolding faster than I can write it down!

Have-to's put you in a position of pressure, whereas choose-to's put you in a position of power.
- from "The Power of Focus"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Podcasting For The People
White Paper: Information Management Trends In 2005 What's your current data focus? While some ... Blogging is already considered a mainstream activity, thanks to the free and relatively consumer-friendly tools provided by Web publishers including Ask Jeeves' Bloglines, Google's ( Quote , Chart ) Blogger , MSN Spaces and Yahoo ( Quote , Chart ...
Joe

If you have time check out my florida mortgage company site/blog. It pretty much covers florida mortgage company related stuff.