Thursday, February 16, 2006

Birthdays

Once a year, they sneak up and attack!

They say you're only as old as you feel, which is true. Of course, I'll be the first to admit I do not feel 20 anymore! But in a way, that's a good thing.

Things about me are 40 now, and that's okay. No, I don't pass as a "young thang" anymore, but I still get carded when buying wine. I certainly don't ACT 40! I'm responsible and mature, but I still know how to have fun. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life, that's for sure. (Size 2? Any smaller and I'll vanish! Okay, maybe not vanish, but I'll certainly look like I need a Twinkie or something!)

The wisdom that goes with those 40 years is what matters, including the wisdom to realize that I still don't know the half of it!

Regrets? Only the things I did NOT do. So I'll have to work on being bolder. Which means sometimes saying, what the heck?!

And that's what will make the next 40 years so much fun!

No comments: