Thursday, January 18, 2007

When it rains, it doesn't snow!

And I only say that because a band of cold, wintery mix weather came through our area this morning - Raleigh got snow, and we got ... rain.
Something about that magical I-95 line that runs through the state! Western side gets snow, eastern side gets the hurricanes.
Not a fair trade-off in my book!
But there was some minor icing on the trees. Very minor. Tiny. I had to drive to I-95 to see it!

But in other situations, it rained and poured, too.

I now have a HUGE list of websites to research for promotions for my upcoming book. Some came from two books I am reading, The Web-Savvy Writer and Take the Mystery Out of Promoting Your Book. I've also received a a large list from a wonderful fan! Big hugs to my special fan & friend in Ohio!

In between, I really am trying to work on HEATHER. And prepare for the upcoming seminar I am teaching. Oh, and prepare a sample draft excerpt from an outline sent to me - I've got someone interested in having me ghost write a historical romance book. I'm really intrigued by the premise of the story and as I have a soft spot for WWII (my father served in the Navy), I'm going to see what I can come up with for this story!

Back to the snow ...

Guess that's the best I'll see this winter!

**But if you'd like a good laugh, check out the video of the 15 car collision in Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, captured by a viewer. It's unbelievable! http://www.kgw.com

No comments: