Friday, June 12, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

"Hello, Mrs. Gorilla."
"Hello, Mrs. Non-Gorilla."

Book news and other oddities from around the web...

Book Blips! Book news, videos and blogs - definitely recommend you check out this site - Book Blips
Thanks to Blogger J. Kaye for the tip - J. Kaye’s Book Blog

From Helen Ginger, Why Write Books - Straight From Hel

Search terms that could lead to Malware... CNN

An article by Beth Groundwater on using Goodreads effectively - Murder Must Advertise

No more analog TV broadcasts! Did you know that the first scheduled program was broadcast in 1928????

Bookkeeping Basics for Authors at Joyce Anthony's site - Joyce Anthony
Brigitte A. Thompson will make an appearance here on July 6th!

Tonight - Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals - Go Pittsburgh Penguins!

And just for fun, I hosted an INSANE music trivia on my DA site - and someone got almost every question correct! The answers and that person's feature - Spunk On A Stick on DA

Did not go to the movie theatre this week, but we watched one on DVD-
Mongol - B

And for those who missed Steve's Bad Day - You Tube

7 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Once again, thanks for the links. I have been looking for but unable to find a bookkeeping book for writers. I'm so excited to learn that one does exist.

JaneKennedySutton

Anonymous said...

Steve's Bad Day is one of my all time favorite YouTubes. Cracks me up every time. :)

The Old Silly From Free Spirit Blog

Brigitte A. Thompson said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your comment about my recordkeeping book for writers.

I am looking forward to my visit at Spunk on a Stick (Gosh, I love that name :) and will be sharing some tips with you in July.

Thanks again,

Helen Ginger said...

Thanks for the link to my post on Why Write Books.

The first time I saw Steve's Bad Day, I thought it was so funny. I showed it to my son. Now that I've been doing research for a book on game technology, I am so impressed and amazed that this was created.

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Craig is pretty talented! He's working on another animation - "Crazy Giant Robot."

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Steve's Bad Day is absolutely hilarious!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks, J. Kaye! I'd prodded my husband for months to put this on YouTube. Shame it's such a popularity contest, because it should have so many more views.

And I corrected Brigitte's visit - it's July 6th.